About The SOSA Medical Project
We are a chessed organisation specialising in assisting with funds towards medical aid hospital plans for the financially needy in our community, with the aim to achieve excellent levels of medical care, through a holistic approach and by upholding the highest levels of Jewish traditional values and with the guidance of our Sages.
WHO DO WE ASSIST?
- Those living in Gauteng.
- Unable to afford a medical aid hospital plan premium and need short or long term assistance to help pay for one.
- Currently, due to limited funds, we are prioritising our assistance for those with comorbidities or serious illness and our elderly who don’t live in community care facilities.
HOW DO WE WORK?
- Applicants apply for assistance by completing an online application form.
- Submit a quote from a medical aid using any registered broker of their choice, for any affordable, income-based medical aid hospital plan.
- Our Vetting team assesses what portion of the premium we will cover, and for what period of time.
- Our Medical team checks that the plan is appropriate, based on the applicants medical history.
- We pay the portion we assist with, directly to the medical aid.
- Assist the successful applicant (SOSA Member) to manage their medical aid claims and conduct an annual or periodic review of our support.
- Assist the SOSA Member during and after any hospitalisation with medical help and care that they may require.
From the Mouths of our Recipients
“Peace of mind in the event of an emergency, knowing we have cover. The best feeling.” – Elderly Glenhazel couple.
“I am so grateful to SOSA Medical and for their assistance to rejoin a hospital plan after I closed my business. This will ensure that my young son and I are covered in case of a medical emergency.” – Sandton applicant.
“My daughter recently underwent an emergency operation. It had to be privately funded at very short notice. This has made me realize how essential it is to have medical cover so we do not land up in this position again. I am truly grateful to SOSA Medical for all they are doing to make this possible.” – Bramley Applicants.
Ways to Contribute
- Sponsor a specific applicant monthly, for a set period or ongoing. Confidentiality respected.
- Contribute a general donation, monthly or annually.
Account Name: SOSA
Bank: First National Bank
Branch: Rosebank 250 655
Account No: 62713804559
For 18A Tax certificates – Email: accounts@SOSAmedical.org
(SWIFT Code FIRNZAJJ)
By Credit Card:
Get In Touch
Volunteer – email: email@example.com or WhatsApp 011 882 8322
Apply for Assistance – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 011 882 8322
Tel: 011 882 8322
Registered as SOS for the Aged NPC (S.O.S.A.)
Not for Profit Company No. 2017/330505/08
Public Beneficiary Organisation No. 930062159